Our soils of decomposed granite and slate yield few nutrients, forcing the vines to struggle to find nourishment by sending their roots deep into the subsoil.
They tasted, liked and wrote about our wines :
- 'Gloriously opulent, with complexity, structure and presence'
Charles Metcalfe (one of the best-known, most spontaneous and amusing wine critics in Britain)
- 'Wildly fascinating and thoroughly rewarding white'
Matthew Jukes (author of 14 wine books and critic for over 2 decades)
- 'One of the most original wine projects of the last twenty years'
Harry Eyres (theatre critic, wine writer and poetry editor)
- 'Their altitude is key in delivering the amazing purity of this wine'
Hamish Anderson (CEO of Tate Food and Drink)
- 'One sip is enough to be convinced that this region is well worth discovering'
Will Lyons (journalist, newspaper columnist, award-winning wine writer and broadcaster)